If you are having problems with your Linksys WRT3200ACM router, here are a few things to check for and possible solutions:
Solved: Linksys WRT3200ACM Troubleshooting
Problem 1: Wi-Fi connection keeps dropping
If your Wi-Fi connection keeps dropping on the devices you have connected to your Linksys WRT3200ACM, you should try the following steps;
- Move your devices closer to your Linksys WRT3200ACM router because the problem could be with the range coverage area. In the event that you suspect radio signal interference, you should move your router to a different location.
- Update your Wi-Fi router firmware and Wi-Fi adapter drivers of your Linksys WRT3200ACM router by checking through the Linksys website.
- Reset your Linksys WRT3200ACM router then afterwards restart your smartphone and computer.
- If you are on a public Wi-Fi network, check whether you would have to log in again. You can also try connecting to another one just in case it was a bad hotspot.
Once you have done all these, you should be able to have a more stable internet connection on your Wi-Fi devices.
Problem 2: Routers lights are frequently flashing
If your Linksys WRT3200ACM router keeps flashing an orange light or all its lights are blinking, you should try the following steps;
- Make sure that the wall power supply is functioning properly. If it is not, replace it with another or plug in your router to another. Also, you can try replacing the power adapter of your router.
- Check on the website whether your Linksys WRT3200ACM is working on the latest firmware. If it is not, update it.
- Check the MAC address clone settings of your Linksys WRT3200ACM router.
- Change your routers IP address on the Router IP address window
- Save the changes you have made and then restart your router
Once you have done this, your routers lights should be stable and your devices should be able to seamlessly connect to the internet. If this does not happen, you should reset your Linksys WRT3200ACM router by;
- Hold the reset button at the back of your router for about 30 seconds
- Remove your router’s power adapter
- Wait for about another 30 seconds and then plug it back in
Doing these, should have your Linksys WRT3200ACM router working without giving you any other issues.
Problem 3: You cannot connect to the internet wirelessly and you are unable to spot your network name on the available networks option
When you are unable to spot your network name on the available networks on your device, you should try the following steps:
- Cross check whether your Linksys WRT3200ACM router is powered on and ensure that the LED lights are solid and not blinking
- Move closer to your Linksys WRT3200ACM router to confirm whether your device was out of the wireless range
- Establish a wired connection between your router and computer
- Log into your router’s web-based setup page and ensure that the Broadcast SSID is on
- Turn your Linksys WRT3200ACM router off, wait for about 2 minutes and then power it back on
After following these steps, you router’s name should appear on the available networks section of your Wi-Fi devices.
Problem 4: Restricting internet access on specific devices
When you want to use the Parent Control Tool in your Linksys WRT3200ACM router to restrict internet access on specific devices that your children use so that they do not come across malicious sites, you should;
- Log into your Linksys cloud account
- On the left panel, you should click onto parental controls
- Switch it from off to on and then choose the Wi-Fi device that you would want to restrict the internet access from
- Choose the timing in which you would want the device to access the internet. Edit this in the Block internet access box
- At the bottom, click OK to save the changes that you have made
Once this is done, the restricted devices can only access the internet as per your selected schedule.
Problem 5: Slow downloads
Slow downloads on your Linksys WRT3200ACM would be because of the IPV6 feature that is in your computer. This means that you should;
- Disable the IPV6 feature on your computer
- Check whether your other computers are operating under the same download speeds
- Connect your computer to the modem and confirm whether the download speeds are similar or any faster
- If nothing changes, upgrade the firmware of your Linksys WRT3200ACM router
- Reset your router by pressing onto its reset button for about 10 seconds
- Reconfigure your Linksys WRT3200ACM router using your Internet Service Provider’s connection
Once you have done this, your download speeds should be faster than the previous round.
What is the default IP Address and Password of my Linksys WRT3200ACM?
The default IP address of the Linksys WRT3200ACM router is 192.168.1.1 and its default password is ‘admin’. You can find this on the label at the back of your router or the user manual.
How am I supposed to upgrade the firmware on my Linksys WRT3200ACM router?
The first thing you would need to do is to log into your Linksys smart Wi-Fi account. The next thing you would need to do is to click on the connectivity option. Under the basic tab, you should then check the automatic box that shows on your screen. Doing this would automatically upgrade the firmware of your Linksys WRT3200ACM router but only if there is a firmware that is readily available.
Alternatively, you can manually upgrade the firmware of your Linksys WRT3200ACM. Once you have logged into your Linksys smart Wi-Fi account, you should click the choose file button. For this to work however, you need to have first downloaded the firmware that is compatible with your router from the Linksys WRT3200ACM download page.