The Nighthawk AX8 from NETGEAR is a Wi-Fi 6 router which gives you faster Wi-Fi speeds, greater energy efficiency for your battery powered devices and more simultaneous upload and download streams. It has throughput speeds of up to 6 Gbps and covers a range of up to 2500 square feet. Let us take a look at a few troubleshooting steps you would use to fix your Nighthawk AX8 router in case of any connectivity failures or router troubles.
If you are having problems with your Nighthawk AX8 router, here are a few things to check for and possible solutions;
Solved: Nighthawk AX8 Troubleshooting
Problem 1: Unstable and slow network
When you are faced with a laggy or slow internet connection on your Nighthawk AX8 router, you should try the following steps;
- Check the speeds of your Nighthawk AX8 router and check your Internet plan and ensure they match
- Restart your router
- Move your connected devices closer to your router incase it is a problem with the range coverage area
- Turn off the devices or applications that would require higher bandwidth
- Try out a new DNS server
- Re-connect your devices
- If this does not work, you should contact your Internet Service Provider for help
Once you have completed these steps, your network should be faster and more stable than before.
Problem 2: Consistent Wi-Fi drops
Dropping Wi-Fi signals are a possible challenge that may affect the efficiency of your Nighthawk AX8 router. A few reasons such as a weak hotspot, wireless interference from other surrounding devices, outdated firmware, outdated Wi-Fi adapter drivers and an overloaded network can cause this type of connectivity failures.
If you find yourself in a situation where your Wi-Fi signal keeps dropping and disconnecting on your connected devices, you should try out the following steps;
- Move your connected devices and use them when you are closer to your Nighthawk AX8 router. Confirm whether your connection is more stable when you do this because the problem may be with your range coverage area.
- In case your router is placed near devices such as microwaves and amplifiers, you should move it away from these devices and place it at a less distractive corner in your house
- Go on the NETGEAR website and update the Wi-Fi adapter drivers of your NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 router
- Update the firmware of your Nighthawk AX8 router on the NETGEAR website
- Reset your router then restart your phone or computer
- If you have connected your devices on a public Wi-Fi network, you should log out and log in again. If this doesn’t work, you should connect to a different network.
Problem 3: Router not getting internet from modem
When your NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 router s unable to get internet from your modem, you would need to power cycle in order to fix it. If you are faced with this type of connectivity failure, you should try out the following steps;
- Turn off all the connected devices on your router’s network and then turn off your cable modem.
- Wait patiently for about two minutes and then turn on your cable modem.
- Give it some time to boot up and restart
- Wait patiently for about five minutes so that your cable modem can establish a connection with your Internet Service Provider (observe the behavior of the LED lights and ensure they are stable to show that it is connected)
- Turn on your NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 router and give it a bit of time to boot up completely
- Reconnect your wired and wireless devices to your router’s network and check whether you can establish an internet connection
Upon the completion of these steps, your NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 router should be able to receive network from your modem without giving you any further problems.
Problem 4: Poor download speeds and low signal
At times, the download speeds on your Nighthawk AX8 router may be really slow and at the same time you may be experiencing a low Wi-Fi signal. In the event that this happens, you should try out the following steps;
- Move your connected devices closer to your NETEGAR Nighthawk AX8 router and try downloading or transferring your files
- Ensure to monitor your download speeds while at it
- If nothing changes, you should log into the web app of your NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 router
- Change the channel being used by your Wi-Fi signal and connected devices
Picking the 5 GHz channel over the 2.4 GHz channel caters for your high bandwidth download activity as the speed is increased and you can download and transfer your files faster than before.
Problem 5: Either LAN or WAN port are not working
Sometimes, the Ethernet cable on your LAN or WAN ports of your Nighthawk AX8 may be loose and may be causing them not to work. When your WAN or LAN ports do not work, the LED lights on your router do not light up or would frequently blink. If this happens, you should try out the following steps;
- Check your Ethernet cable and ensure that it is tightened and is not damaged
- Unplug and then plug in the power adapter of your NETGEAR nighthawk AX8 router to the power outlet in your household
- Turn on your NETGEAR Nighthawk router and wait patiently for the power LED to turn green
- Connect one end to any LAN port and the other to the WAN port on your NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 router using an Ethernet cable
- Check the activity of the LED to confirm which one works amongst all of them
- Repeat the same process for all the LAN pots on your router to identify which one has the problem
Would the NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 be enough for my 6000 square feet home?
No it would not. The NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 has been designed and optimized to cover a range of up to 2,500 square feet. Unless you set up your router as an access point.
What is the input voltage of the adapter that has been provided for my NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8?
The input voltage of the power adapter that comes with your NETGEAR Nighthawk AX8 router goes up to 240 V.