The answer to this question is yes – you can cancel your plan at any time. You can do this by visiting amazon.com/orders, and searching for ‘Asurion’ in the search bar to find the plan you want to withdraw from, then cancel the policy.
Having a malfunctioning smartphone or losing a device is a highly frustrating experience, but one that is sadly common – which leads to the desire to get a proper phone insurance plan to help you get a new device as quickly and affordably as possible. However, you may want to later cancel your insurance plan, and it is important to note though that you will get a full refund of your payment if you cancel within the first 30 days of your subscription, and a prorated refund if you cancel after 30 days of coverage.
How to cancel Asurion insurance
Before canceling any Asurion plan regardless of your network provider, ensure you save any information that proves you are actually on your current phone insurance plan. This can include screenshots of the details of your account, or your phone bill. Additionally, you can do an online or phone call cancellation, depending on the option available to you.
- Visit the AT&T website and log into your account.
- Click on the ‘My Wireless’ page.
- Go to ‘My Devices and Features’ menu and choose the device under cover on the protection plan.
- Select the ‘Manage Device and Features’ menu, and click on ‘See Features’ button to expand the AT&T protection pack.
- Select ‘Remove’ at the bottom of the Mobile Protection Pack, and select the ‘Continue’ button to confirm the cancellation.
- Call the AT&T support team on 611 or on 1-800-331-0500, both available on a 24/7 basis.
- When the system prompts you, say ‘Cancel my mobile insurance plan.’ It will then guide you on the cancellation process.
- Confirm that you have cancelled your account.
- Visit the Verizon website and log in.
- Click on the ‘My Plan & Services’ menu, then select ‘Manage Products and apps’. Choose the option ‘Manage Your Products’.
- Scroll down until you see ‘Total Mobile Protection’, and select ‘Remove from Account’ option, which is on the top right corner of the tab.
- Select the ‘Decline Equipment Protection’, which will allow you to confirm the cancellation.
- Call the Verizon support team using the number 611 or 1-800-922-0204, which is available six days a week at set working hours.
- When the system prompts you, respond with ‘Cancel mobile protection plan’, and then enter your account PIN.
- When the system connects you to an agent, you can ask them to cancel the protection plan, and enter your account password to confirm the cancellation.
- Visit the Sprint website.
- Select the ‘My Sprint’ menu and choose the ‘Add/Remove services’ button, then login.
- Select the devices or lines you want to remove the insurance plan from, then scroll down to select ‘Remove’ under the Service add-ons menu.
- When a pop-up window appears to ask whether you want to remove the service, select ‘Yes, Remove’.
- Move to the bottom of the page and confirm the cancellation by clicking ‘Save’.
- Call the customer support though the number 1-888-211-4727, which is available on a 24/7 basis.
- Follow the prompts on the menu until it connects you to an agent, then ask them to cancel the insurance.
- Confirm the withdrawal.
Summary of how to cancel Asurion insurance through mobile service providers
Mobile network provider
General guidelines to follow
It is easy to cancel your insurance cover with Asurion by doing it through your network provider, or choosing to contact them directly on their customer service hotline 1-866-551-5924.
Is it possible to get my money back from Asurion if I cancel my subscription?
Yes, and the easiest method of getting a refund is clicking on the ‘return’ button, opting to call Asurion directly at 1-866-551-5924, or sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I cancel my Verizon protection plan on Verizon?
There are two methods to do so: online and by phone. The online option is available when you log in to their website, while the phone option is available on select days and hours.